Candle and Product Care
It is important to get the best out of your product and be safety aware…
- Never leave a candle unattended
- Light your candle in a well-ventilated room, away from draughts or fans, which can cause soot marks (black marks on the vessel) or rapid and uneven burning
- Burn a regular size candle for one and a half to hours at a time. Burning for less time can cause the candle to tunnel which leaves excessive wax around the vessels sides. Never burn a candle for longer than four hours at one time to prevent wick migration
- Make sure you stop burning your candle with 10mm of wax remains at the bottom. Key an eye on a burning candle when the wax is low.
- Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings and matches as debris in the wax can act as a secondary wick
- Centre and straighten the wick after blowing out the flame using a snuffer. A candle which has been burning too long can cause wick migration. If you see a flaming wick come close to the vessel wall, blow it out and straighten the wick to prevent vessels cracking.
- Long or crooked wicks can create high flames, smoking or soot marks. Trimming the wick to 5mm (when the wax has set) is the easiest way to prevent this